Over the past two weeks, I have attempted to complete one project. To reseal my mattress and box springs with new zippered mattress and box spring encasings.
I almost completed the project today although I’m waiting for an Amazon delivery of the fitted sheet that goes on top so that I’m not sleeping on the bright white mattressing casing.
They were four steps involved in finding, purchasing, and installing the box spring encasing and the mattress encasing.
All four failed. In various different ways but each was an actual failure bringing the total cost of this experiment to well over 65 dollars. I don’t actually know that real amount cuz I haven’t told them enough but it could be closer to $100. At the end of today I will have a new casing on my mattress, which has a hole in it thus completely unlimiting after the effectiveness of a waterproof bedbug proof encasing. Below that I have a vinyl bed box spring in casing that also has a tear in it and a broken zipper. It will not seal leaving it also completely useless.
The fitted sheet that I purchased from Walmart and had delivered turned out to be a flat sheet which is also useless. I also purchased a new blanket / bedspread that isn’t microfiber because I’ve been having some allergy problems and I wasn’t sure if it was my blanket or the bed bugs. The package apparently had been opened and the two pillowcases I was counting on are gone. Only the blanket itself is here. Four failures.
Overall it ends up being one major failure that will not keep the bedbugs out of my bed. It might lessen them this evening and let me sleep a little easier but I suspect they’ll be back in full force because I was discouraged and down and didn’t really complete the project.
The purpose of these zippered containers is to keep the existing bed bug colonies that have resided on the edges of the mattress and box springs inside a sealed prison. Because this didn’t happen, they will be slowed down but they will make their way out and start all over again on the new mattress and box spring casing.
I didn’t bother to follow up with the other steps required to keep the bugs out of my bed. Putting that white earth powder down around the bed posts and legs and moving the bed away from the wall. It seemed pointless at this point.
Even searching for the lowest price, betting of this kind is fairly expensive and it blew my budget for this month. Next month is my low check month so it could be two or three more months before I can try this again. I’ll have to spend even more money to get a slightly higher quality that is less terror resistant and probably ask for some help in installation so that I don’t make a big mess and possibly tear it again.
I’m not going to bother taking the broken zipper one off and send it back. I never really send anything back. I know some people are send everything back. Not me
So despite not being able to completely pay my end of month bill, I ordered pizza. Comfort food. I will share it with the bugs.